24′s Jack Bauer is a particularly deadly adversary. In just eight days he managed to kill 266 people.
This website collated the kills using the following criteria:
- Jack must be the one who causes the death.
- The death must be confirmed with video evidence.
- Jack must cause death, not just serious injury.
- The death must have occurred on the TV show; kills from novels, comics and games are not included.
And also recorded the following statistics:
- Jack has killed 266 people on screen. Of these deaths, 210 were the direct result of gunshot wounds (79%).
- Jack killed, on average, 1.4 people per hour over the whole run of the show, or 1 person every 44 minutes.
- Jack killed the fewest people on Day 1 (10).
- Jack killed the most people on Day 6 (50).
- Jack killed the most people in a single episode in “Day 6: 5:00am-6:00am” (14).
- Jack has killed more people between 10:00pm and 11:00pm than he has in any other hour (29).
- Jack has killed fewer people between 8:00am and 9:00am than he has in any other hour
- Jack has killed at least one person in each of the 24 hours in a day.