These are not necessarily my favourite blogs by Christians – but they are the ones that are most likely to cover interesting trends in evangelical Christianity (in the Australian sense of the word evangelical – which mostly means reformed)…
- John Piper’s blog at Desiring God, his son Abraham Piper’s 22 words is another one of my favourites… his current post is a cracker.
- Mark Driscoll’s blog at the Resurgence – lets face it, what Christian male under the age of 30 isn’t at least a little bit of a Mark Driscoll fanboy. He’s a Mac, and Piper is a PC.
- Tim Challies blog – great link posts and book reviews.
- Between Two Worlds – nice short summaries of the American Christian blogosphere.
- Craig’s blog – the Australian equivalent of Between Two Worlds – nice short sharp summaries of important discussions and developments around the Australian scene.
- The Internet Monk – trying to define him is difficult. Post reformed, post evangelical, partly Calvinist – usually interesting or thought provoking.
- Church Marketing Sucks – a nice little site dedicated to improving the way churches communicate Jesus.
- Communicate Jesus – an Australian equivalent to Church Marketing Sucks.
- Stuff Christians Like – the Stuff Christians Write writer has his finger right on the pulse of Christian culture – warts and all.
A list of nine barely does my subscription list justice, there are heaps of notable omissions both from gospel ministers in Australia to collective blogs like Pyromaniacs or the SolaPanel – and a bunch of quality blogs by bible college students.
It would be remiss of me not to mention Design4Church – a most excellent blog about graphic design for churches at this point…
Any good ones I’m missing?