This page is a work in progress and will be updated as I find, or post, new stuff that will be primarily of benefit to people studying at QTC.
Here’s 11 things that studying at QTC has taught me.
- How to type in Greek and Hebrew on a Mac (Macs aren’t great at Hebrew’s right to left nature)
- Visual guide to the prepositions
- My Guide to First Year Greek (series) – Summary of first half of David Alan Black’s textbook.
- A verb parsing test
- An online textbook with exercises
- A Greek Resource Directory
- Visual Greek (visual flash cards). It’s created using Mounce (which QTC doesn’t use) but it’s the same language. It’s 17mb.
- NTGreek.net is essentially a textbook with exercises that you can do online.
- Greek and Hebrew Bingo
- WordBase Greek is a little flash card program for Windows users. It features a hangman game. Huzzah.
- FlashWorks is a flash card program with Greek and Hebrew modules. It uses Mounce’s word lists. Here are the OSX install files – for Greek or Hebrew, and here are the Windows files for Greek (XP SP2 or 3 or Vista) or Hebrew (Windows XP SP 2or later; 6 megs)
- Anki (flash cards) works on Macs, Windows, and iPhone/iTouch.
- TekniaGreek (font)
- CrossWire Bible Society’s flash cards. You’ll need java. If ProVoc had a database for Black’s vocab it would also be pretty good (if you’re a Mac user).
- Paradigmatic – a great resource for college students by Sam Freney
- Greek Lexicon – also by Sam Freney
- GreekFlash (iPhone)
- iFlipr for the iPhone.
- Animated Hebrew for Greek – then here is a solution.
- If you’re not a fan of Animated Hebrew and want to try an alternative Moore College use the same text book and there are MTC Hebrew Vocab Files (with memory hooks (apparently the ruder the memory hook is the more memorable it is).
- TekniaHebrew (font)
- HebrewBible (iPhone)
- HebrewFlash (iPhone)
- Paradigmatic (Mac)
- Old Testament 101 (series)
- Old Testament 102 (series)
- New Testament 101 (series)
- New Testament 102 (series)
- Church History 101 (series)
- Church History Trading Cards (series)
Cross and the Clash of Cultures
Here are some of the resources I’ve found around the net that will be of some service to those studying at Bible College.
- Monergism’s Directory of Theology. It has a bunch of good stuff to read, including reprints of journal articles from your favourite non-heretical scholars…
- the “Last Seminary” a collection of more than 5,000 articles covering the full gamut of Biblical Scholarship
- SBL’s Manual for Style, and the SBL Student Supplement
- Why I picked Logos
- Logos v Accordance
- Quick Cite – an app that turns barcodes into citations.
2 thoughts on “College Resources”
Nice site! I’m especially looking forward to getting a bit more into your stuff on social media, particularly as my family and I head overseas with CMS.
Just thought you might be interested in linking to some jingles I made for going through a number of greek paradigms. Lots of people at Moore have found them helpful. You can check them out at http://makingbettervideo.com/greekjingles/
Hope they’re helpful for some. Keep up the good work!
Awesome. Thanks Mike.