This is quite mesmerising.
But watch it anyway. For the laughs.
You’ve got to enjoy what you do, right? Even if it’s an apparently mundane job. Like being a traffic cop.
I don’t really get excited by Dubstep. But this guy has moves. And he’s performing them on one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Thanks to Peter on Facebook for sharing this one.
From my perspective, Steven Tran is many things. Talented photographer. Blogger. Budding theologian/preacher. Friend. Coffee companion. Dancer.
That’s right. Dancer.
Have you ever known somebody for a while only to have your eyes opened to their true nature a surprising amount of time into that relationship? It can be disconcerting. I don’t think I’ll ever look Steven in the eyes the same way having watched him take me completely apart in a game of Michael Jackson’s Dancing Whatever on the Wii recently. It was, well, wow. It was wow.
I’ve never seen anybody play Wii dancing quite like Steven did. It was like the old days. The Timezone days. I’d be there with my friend Simon, playing Pro Evolution Soccer, or whatever the arcade equivalent was. And there, next to us, would be some very serious looking dancers. Faces still. Limbs flying. Serious expressions. Steve was like that. And he knew all the moves.
Here are his tips to dancing like a star…
- Practice – basics: multi-tasking is the trick, you gotta keep the beat, gotta watch the stickman for the next move, gotta time your moves right to score
- Memorisation: the little stick man that pops up on the screen never changes his moves for each picture, get into memorising what picture = what move
- “Jiayou” there’s no use playing these games half-heartedly. If you don’t look like a fool you’re not doing it right…
- Hold the Wiimote Correctly: having the right moves and not holding the Wiimote correctly will mean no points
- Practice – Goldmoves: after all your practice you’ve got to get the Goldmoves to maintain a +10K point average. Learn what they are, where they come up, and time it well…
I must confess, the whole experience reminded me of a South Park episode, it has a rude title that some might find offensive, and I haven’t watched it recently so I can’t remember if it has rude words, but here’s a link to the clip…