- I organised the Willows Presbyterian Church Calvin 500 Conference.
- I spoke at said conference about Calvin v Servetus
- I organised the dinner part of said conference (and made coffee) where Mike Raiter talked about the New Calvinism.
- I attended the Townsville 400 V8 Supercar Event
- When I wasn’t doing those things I was cleaning out my big fish tank after a mishap with the filtration killed three of my pet fish and endangered the life of a pet turtle.
- I was telling the national director of MTS why I like MTS but don’t think it’s for me.
- Or I was watching The Ashes and Robyn was using the laptop.
Time Magazine has just published a list of the 10 ideas changing the world right now. Number 3. New Calvinism.
There’ll be a bunch of links to some reactions in my link post today. But here’s the actual article.
And here’s a quote:
“Calvinism, cousin to the Reformation’s other pillar, Lutheranism, is a bit less dour than its critics claim: it offers a rock-steady deity who orchestrates absolutely everything, including illness (or home foreclosure!), by a logic we may not understand but don’t have to second-guess. Our satisfaction — and our purpose — is fulfilled simply by “glorifying” him.”
The article names John Piper, Mark Driscoll and Albert Mohler as leaders of this pack.