There are people out there who aren’t blessed with a Bob Hawke head drink dispenser.
But don’t despair. You can have a great Australian summer party with your very own watermelon drink dispenser…
What you’ll need:
- Hose Bibb, Quarter Turn (that’s the tap)
- Faucet Lock Nuts (those black circles)
- Brass Pipe Nipple 1/2″ (the piece with threads on both ends)
- Coupling 1/2″ (what looks like a hex nut)
- Drill bit (optional)
- Cut a small hole in the top of the melon large enough to accommodate an ice cream scoop and your hand.
- Remove all the yummy insides and place in a blender.
- Drill a hole in the bottom/side of the watermelon large enough to accommodate the brass pipe nipples.
- Attach your hardware (hose bibb on the outside, coupling on the inside).
- Blend the watermelon “meat” with whatever else and fill your new dispenser.
I will hire out the Bob Hawke head for Labour Parties… or anything else. I bought it for 25c at a garage sale on my second weekend in Townsville.