And here’s why you should write them if you want your blog to keep going.
- Lists are quick and easy. They’re good for keeping momentum. If in doubt write a list.
- Lists kill writer’s block.
- Lists encourage discussion – nobody ever agrees with what you’ve included or the order in which you include it.
- Lists are linkbait – they get shared. My most amazing day of traffic ever came from a list.
- Lists allow you to share unfinished ideas in batches.
- Lists force you to structure your thoughts in a succinct manner. They’re good for the reader as well. I’ll read lists that come through my RSS feeds every time. They offer a good return on reader investment.