From time to time I write about Social Media, particularly as it relates to being a Christian, and to using the medium appropriately and strategically for the gospel message. This is a collection of worthwhile social media resources so that you don’t have to trawl through the archives.
If you’re really stuck and there’s stuff you want to do with social media, you could always hire me as a consultant (or just ask me for help). I currently administer pages for various businesses, sporting teams, events, churches, and people.
Some of the posts below are from Venn Theology, rather than St. Eutychus.
- Smart Business, Social Business
- Likeable Social Media
- Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communications
Building a Church Website
- What are the essential elements of a church website?
- Eye tracking and Church Websites
- Finding your website’s voice
- Jesus is King, but content is still important (A Content Strategy for your Church Website)
- A Social Media Plan for Ministry
- The value of Facebook’s Promote Post option
- How Churches use social media (infographic)
- What Facebook’s EdgeRank means for Church pages
- How to use Social Media for Jesus
- 8 Tips for Using Social Media as a Church
- Some thoughts on where to post stuff
Posts (some theory)
- When crowd sourcing fails
- When social media goes wrong – Qantas (Part 2)
- Social media and conversation
- Being winsome by being present and authentic (How Collective Shout won me over)
- Social media and churches
- Social media vs the real world (a support, not a replacement)
- How the Reformation went Viral (and a follow up – my essay on Luther and communication)
- Social media myths
- Social media as a pulpit?
- Old Spice, crowd sourcing, and viral campaigns
- On the folly of “awareness raising” as a goal, Awareness Raising is Overrated, (and the prequel – The Facebook Booby Trap, and the sequel about Movember, and a follow up about Social Media)
- Some initial thoughts on Facebook’s Timeline
- How to be not very good at Facebook
- Some Australian social media stats (2011, video)
- Who uses what? (infographic)
- Social media growth (infographic)
- Social media in a minute (infographic)
- Facebook v Twitter (infographic)