Best of the interweb:
- Faith no more does little good for society – Opinion – smh.com.au – While the no religion box tells us about people’s sense of affiliation with religious institutions, it tells us nothing about their personal faith. How many of those who refused to describe themselves as Christians, Jews or Muslims still acknowledge the creator, and find themselves praying in times of need and wonder about life beyond death?More probing research, such as the world values survey conducted every 10 years by the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, can help. Its most recent survey reveals that 80 per cent of Australians said they believed in “god”, 85 per cent believed in the “soul” and just 5 per cent described themselves as “atheists”.
- Is Christian music dying – I hope so. I loathe “contemporary Christian music”.
- Introduction to Shutter Speed in Digital Photography – Shutter Speed explained.
- Learning about Exposure – The Exposure Triangle – And more from the Digital Photography School – this time on finding the balance between ISO, aperture and shutter speed.
- Long Exposure Photography: 15 Stunning Examples – Some great long exposure photos – I particularly like the Lighthouse and the fireworks.
- Slow Shutter Shoot-Out – 3 Slow Shutter Speed Techniques – Another cool tip from the Digital Photography School. We are enjoying playing with shutter speed and other manual settings with our Canon.
- Mastering the Zoom Effect – A series of useful camera tips from the Digital Photography school. Useful if you’re playing with a new Digital SLR.
- STUFF JOURNALISTS LIKE – coffee – It now all makes sense to me. Actually, this website is kind of funny for a one joke pony. It’s very similar to the “Stuff white people like” which is another long running blog in the same vein.
- 1 Awesome Gmail tip You Don’t Know about. Seriously. | MakeUseOf.com