Interesting survey stats about the state of Christian belief in Sydney verses the rest of the country.
Note – this is not the Christians – this is all people in Sydney surveyed as part of the market research for the Jesus All About Life campaign.
Compared with all Australians, Sydneysiders are more likely to believe:
- Jesus was born of a virgin (56% SYD and 44% AUS)
- Jesus healed a blind man (60% SYD and 51% AUS)
- Jesus turned water into wine (56% SYD and 44% AUS)
- Jesus walked on water (53% SYD and 44% AUS)
- Jesus was crucified and died on a cross (80% SYD and 76% AUS)
- Jesus rose from the dead (58% SYD and 47% AUS)
- Jesus ascended bodily into heaven (55% SYD and 44% AUS)
- Jesus will return to Earth one day (46% SYD and 37% AUS)
Now tell me again why such a disproportionate rate of reformed evangelical workers are required for the harvest in Sydney?
My friend Mike is always keen to talk to people about ministry in regional Queensland – you can find his church website here.