I don’t have much to say about the Origin. Six things in fact.
- Despite what Greg Inglis might like to believe – you can’t actually help what state you’re from – so bagging out losing fans on the basis of their “state of origin” seems pretty silly. Especially when your state is too dumb to maintain its “Smart State” slogan as fair and reasonable advertising. It’s not all about football people…
- Kurt Gidley is overrated.
- The Queensland Team’s dynasty will not last past next year – I predict their stars will be lured to Rugby, the UK and retirement.
- The New South Wales selectors should be put out to pasture – half backs should be creative, full backs fast, and wingers nimble footed.
- Queensland were better on the night.
- Phil Gould is universally annoying – every tackle last night was “an Origin tackle” – he’d have you believe that only the impressive ones fit that bill… And “out Origined” in the context of a State of Origin match just means “outplayed”… and motivational “pump up the audience” speeches before kick off only work for players, or if you don’t look like a walking cauliflower.