Simone recently posted this list advising the next generation of some strategies to help them function better in the classroom and perform more adequately as a human being. I thought I’d posted a reply on her blog but it turns out I hit the wrong button. Better late than never, here is my contribution to the list.
The next 5 things that will help you function better in the classroom and perform more adequately as a human being.
6. It really doesn’t matter who the leader of the line is. Especially in grade 6.
7. Your teacher has no time to look for your lost pencil. Neither will she/he believe that it has simply wandered away. Take a piece of string and tie it to your wrist if it keeps being a problem.
8. Ninety-nine percent of people have complete control over their arms and legs. Your teacher will not believe you when you say your hand jumped off your arm and slapped a girl in the face.
9. Yes, you must finish picking up your bag of rubbish before you attend your playground wedding. Even if you are the groom.
10. Never pin boys down and kiss them. Even if it is your betrothed who was unable to attend your playground wedding because he was picking up papers.