It’s been a while since I last shared some significant link love. And I like doing these posts – it reminds me how much fun the blogosphere is…
I’m looking forward to working at a church that cares about the small things – like fonts – next year (not that our current one doesn’t – it’s just I don’t work for it). Simone is writing a new series of Sunday School material on 1-2 Kings.
Ali noticed that conversation starter cards are springing up everywhere.
Kutz designed a cool shirt and perhaps started a sub-movement.
Ben created a word game.
Stephy at Stuff Christian Culture likes covered the wardrobe choices of “relevant” preachers in the US. But before that she took on two of my favourites – prayer requests as gossip and oversharing via prayer request. What’s worse than oversharing via prayer request is oversharing via prayer request on Facebook.
Lee who has turned into a regular comment in these parts has a couple of blogs – I guiltily enjoy Lemon Harrangue Pie more than the serious one about being a Contemporary Calvinist. But both are good stuff and I commend them to you.
Andrew managed to pick a fight with some atheists on Tumblr. Having first picked one on Twitter.
Stuss reviewed Australia. She didn’t like it. I haven’t seen it. I don’t plan to. It’s a bit like the Passion. I know all the good bits so a movie is only going to cheapen the experience.
Conference blogging was all the rage – Izaac shared some thoughts on NTE talks.
Over at Christian Reflections Mikey liveblogged the Geneva Push’s In the Chute conference. There were lots of posts. Here were 24 I enjoyed.
- The future of The Geneva Push – Al Stewart
- Future of The Geneva Push – Andrew Heard
- Three dangers for evangelicals and the Bible
- Paul Dale 12 things we can do to hamper growth
- Paul Dale on humility
- Al Stewart on doing less
- Dever on normal way to grow as a Christian
- Dever on evangelistic programs
- Dever on contextualisation
- Dever on social welfare
- Dever disses vision statements
- TB on the danger of minsitering to subcultures
- WP on buying a building in working class areas
- TB on being underground church
- WP on putting ‘community’ in the church name
- Cultural style of our church gatherings
- We’ve got Mentos mints in little bowls on our tabl…
- Where do I plant?
- Geneva opportunities
- Control versus Growth
- Andrew Heard on finances
- It’s important to extract principles
- A good thing about Andrew Heard’s ministry is
- Cross the pain barrier
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the good stuff around the blogosphere but it has, for now, exhausted me.
If you’ve got something you wrote or read that is worth sharing – put it in the comments for all to see.