- ● Facebook’s valuation and the network effect
- Heavy metal band name chart
- Second annual unscientific PR stunt rates SF #3 in coffee consumption
- Spent Coffee Grounds as a Versatile Source of Green Energy
- Check Your Guns at the Door: Responding Like Christians on Blogs and Web Forums
- Beauty as a signaling strategy
- They Break It, So You Don’t Have To
- WhoIsHostingThis Reveals Web Site Hosting Providers [Web Hosting]
- Random Line Picker Chooses Items From a List [Webapps]
- Researcher Claims Two Google Searches Produces Same CO2 as Boiling Tea Water [Energy Conservation]
– The Burger King campaign I shared a couple of days ago has lead to this interesting debate on the actual monetary value of Facebook and Facebook friendships. I tend to see most of my Facebook network as people I can call on for favours in particular areas – I would willingly trade 10 of my more obscure friends for a burger… or maybe not. Having said that, nobody came to my rescue when my hacker claimed to need $800US to extract himself from a sticky situation in London – so maybe my friends will sacrifice me for a burger.
– For anyone interested – I’m hosted by Dedicated Host, and they seem pretty reliable. Their customer service thus far has been top notch. No complaints, and I got it on a coupon deal that makes the hosting incredibly cheap.