They want me to join in. I thought about it. I commented on Simone’s last post saying these lists were gay. I didn’t mean gay in a good way.
I thought about writing a list of things I don’t like about my wife (she steals the blankets)… I would have written a list like “I hate that she just has to look at me and I immediately agree with her”… but then I thought it would be all too similar to a Heath Ledger movie. And he’s dead, so I can’t say nasty things about him or his work.
I thought about making my list satirically soppy filled to the brim with gory details. We all know how I feel about oversharing and this whole trend treads perilously close to that mark.
But here, because Ben said I was a big girl’s blouse if I didn’t, is a list of things I love about my wife. So here are ten things. It’s not an exhaustive list.
- She loves God.
- She loves me.
- She is cute.
- She is funny. And laughs at my jokes.
- She encourages me.
- She wants to serve others, but also is prepared to tell me when I’ve over committed.
- She is mega-organised (and I am not).
- She will provide any children we have with athletic genes so they won’t run last at school.
- She likes coffee.
- She started posting here again because I told her that I like it when she does.
Amy gets points because her list about Tim is 20 points long.