I’ve been a bit inspired by my mum’s cooking blog (that doesn’t get updated very often) to put some of my recipes online occasionally.
It saves trying to write them down in a book somewhere to keep track of them.
Today’s recipe is for Butter Chicken – my Butter Chicken Recipe is deceptive – it contains no butter.
- 2 tins of Tomato Soup
- 1 medium size tub of natural yoghurt
- 1 dollop of cream
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Curry powder (to taste – I used about a table spoon)
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- Chicken (I used about 4 thighs – but this could probably be safely increased)
- Combine tomato soup and yoghurt in a pot on low heat, add almond meal and spices, stir.
- Brown the onions in a separate saucepan/wok, add the chicken (cut into chunks) on medium heat.
- Once the chicken has started to seal add the sauce.
- As the sauce starts to bubble add the cream, stir in. Cover.
- Simmer on medium heat with a lid for 30-40 minutes.
Serve with rice and naan/roti/flat bread of some description/pappadams.
Leave any suggested improvements in the comments…