How to lose friends and alienate bloggers
- Find a blog/article about a topic you’re passionate about online.
- Barely read/comprehend the original post – just find key words and points that invoke your bloodlust.
- Get indignant.
- Post a comment about why the person is wrong.
- Only read the follow up comments that talk directly to your point.
- Argue with those comments using much hyperbolic subjectivity, little objectivity in order to demonstrate why you are right while continuing to ignore the context.
- Read back what you, and they wrote.
- Feel guilty.
- Post a contrite apology on that discussion and a list of things that alienate people so others will learn from your mistakes.
- Hope that the people from the other blog also read yours so that they see said list.