You can put a USB connection on just about anything – even an amputated finger – and there are so many USB devices around that the “universal” is becoming a literal description rather than an indication of ubiquity. Here’s ten USB devices that should never have been made. Let alone sold.And where to buy them.
- Dance Dance Devolution
- Air conditioned neck tie
- The ChatterBot – this one needs describing.
WowWee™ Chatterbots are fantastically fun animated computer accessories to have on your desktop. These collectable, highly stylized character figurines always have something to say about what you are up to — and it’s not always appropriate! Each Chatterbot™ features a unique personality and a signature animation. Connect directly to your Mac or PC using the included USB cable, then listen and watch as your Chatterbot entertains you with its unpredictable stream of jokes, dialog, and comments about your virtual life.
And an image…
- An Airconditioned Shirt
- A USB roll up piano keyboard
- A USB stress ball that will cause your screen to respond
- USB powered ugg boots
- USB Rubber Chicken (you have to make it yourself following these Spanish instructions)…
- Stupid USB digital photo frame
- Stupid USB hubs – of all kinds – particularly the Teddy Bear variety…