This post was dumb. I’ve decided to delete it all and replace it with two lists.
Five things not to do if you don’t get invited to something
- Feel sorry for yourself.
- Act like a jackass.
- Use the particular function as a dipping stick to assess the rest of your friendships and relationships.
- Assume that you should have been invited to begin with.
- Assume that everyone else has the same approach to things that you do.
What you should do instead
- If they’re your friend you should be happy for them even if you’re not going to be at their event, if they’re not then why do you care?
- Send a card.
- Invite them to your next thing.
- Invest more time and effort into the relationships you value.
- Don’t act like a jackass.